Why Yuva Parivartan?
It is estimated that by 2020 around 500 million people in our country will reach working age, which will be the largest in the world. At the same time, looking at the current scenario where more than 80% of youth in the country have not completed school, it can be inferred that these youth, unless given vocational skills, will neither have enough competency to work as skilled labour to meet the growing needs of various industries, nor will they work for long as casual labour before falling prey to an addiction leading to battered minds & bodies.
At Yuva Parivartan, we believe in giving a ‘second chance’ to the out of school deprived youth and help them earn a decent living. By providing vocational training and life skills, we intend to turn the less privileged youth into an asset for the society and the nation.
Yuva Parivartan has a flexible and innovative mode that has been appreciated by the Planning Commission and has proved effective in the urban, rural and tribal belts. Our model ensures that the local community needs are met,thus benefiting the youth as well as the entire community or village.
Thus, Yuva Parivartan is an inspired movement with a desire to bring about a change for the betterment of the society and the nation.
Kherwadi Social Welfare Association’s Credibility:
- Kherwadi Social Welfare Association is ISO-9001:2000 certified.
- Associate of National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC).
- Awarded the World Bank Development Marketplace project for skilling in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and MP.
- It is recognised by Credibility Alliance, Give India, United Way and Quality Council of India, a credibility rating agency for the development sector.
- KSWA is an authorized Vocational Training Provider under the Ministry of Labour and Employment’s Modular Employability Scheme for conducting skills development trainings.
- Awarded 35AC Income Tax exemptions given to Projects of National Importance by Finance Ministry, Govt. of India to collect funds for starting Vocational Training Centres.
- Authorised to run Maharashtra State Govt. approved Vocational Training Courses from Directorate of Vocational Education & Training.
- An authorized Training Agency of Directorate of Industries, Ministry of Industries, Govt. of Maharashtra for imparting Vocational Trainings under Special Component Plan (SCP) for urban poor youth.
- An authorized Training Agency of Dept. of Employment & Self Employment, Govt. of Maharashtra for imparting trainings on Retail Sales for Scheduled Caste Candidates.
- An authorized Training Agency of District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) under Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of Maharashtra for imparting trainings on Business Skills Development for rural poor women working in Self Help Groups.